Salford Disability Forum Ltd.
We work on behalf of and with disabled people.
We are a force in the lives of disabled people and people with long-term conditions, their families and friends across the city.
Our members are from all communities including; people with learning difficulties, sensory, physical, mental health or long-term conditions.
We meet on a regular basis across the city to discuss issues, plan projects and encourage people to join us as Volunteers and Board members.
Our aims are to enable people with disability and long term conditions to:
Increase their knowledge of services and choices available
Have a voice locally, regionally and nationally
Raise awareness about the barriers to inclusion that disabled people face especially with regard to employment, education, health, housing and transport.
"Create a better future for disabled people, their families and friends"
"Independence is not about doing everything for yourself, no-one lives in isolation from the rest of the world, we all depend on each other"
Our mission is to ensure that people with disabilities and with long term conditions within Salford are able to play an active part in the life of their community, by taking control of their lives and having an influence on others.
The Forum's objectives are to :-
- increase awareness and knowledge of the services and choices available to disabled people and people with long term health conditions and their families.
- For those who are looking for opportunities to meet people who can help them concerning their disability and long term conditions, during our event you can meet us and speak with us.
- Information and support
- Deafblind Network
- Garden Centre
- Salford University Social Care, Nursing and Midwifery
Department; Patient Experience
- Hope Hospital; Equality, Staff and Disabled People
- GMPTE; Transport for the Future
- Training and Learning
- Equality Network
- Salford For Good
- Access all Areas
- Salford Council Comittees